Senior/Lead 3D Designer (full-time or freelance)
The Fabricant is seeking an experienced 3D artist who knows how to operate at the intersection of art and technology. The Fabricant is a digital fashion house leading the fashion industry towards a new sector of digital-only clothing. Our 3D artists work closely together with our digital fashion designers to create the highest-quality fashion and motion graphic visuals. Our projects are always led by concept, creativity and technical execution. The 3D designer we are looking for preferably has an interest in fashion and knows how to execute the finest details in 3D.
• Able to demonstrate artistic and technical ability
• Work together with digital fashion designers determining best technical workflow to create high quality 3D images.
• Model and add fine detail like stitches, materials, zippers, buttons etc. to the base 3D garments created in 3D fashion software
• Be part of the creative development to elevate the thinking beyond physical limitations to create situations that could not otherwise be photographed or filmed.
• Environment modeling, lighting, texturing and rendering.
Requirements & Skills:
• Skilled in one or several industry standard 3D package
• +3 years production experience
• Excellent problem solving skills
• Excellent communication skills
• Strong artistic background
• Zbrush/3D Coat experience
• Nuke or other compositing software
• Python, VEX or other coding experience
• Unity/Unreal Engine experience
• Fashion experience/interest
• Experience with fashion software (CLO3D, Marvelous Designer, Browzwear etc.)
What we offer in return
• Passionate, curious, easy-going colleagues and environment in a studio in Amsterdam next to museum district
• Goal rather than time driven environment. Free to choose working hours and location as long as goals are met
• Budget for education
• Competitive salary based on experience
• Please only apply if you truly feel that this position is for you.
• Seeing the amount of emails we get, we can only respond to people who we feel fits the profile best.
• If you are selected we will contact you via email to setup a phone or Skype/Zoom interview with our producers and digital fashion designers.
• If you don’t have related material in your portfolio we might ask you to do a small exercise with us to see how you would solve a specific problem. This will not be longer than a day’s worth of work.
• In the event that we choose not to move forward with you in the recruiting process we will inform you directly.
Thank you for your interest in The Fabricant
About the company
The Fabricant is an industry leader in creating visualizations with a focus on fashion. We combine motion graphics, 3D design and a conceptual approach to the projects we work on. The 3D designer works closely together with a digital fashion designer. Our clients include retailers and brands from all corners of the planet. We are looking to expand our team with skilled and passionate people who want to join our quest in innovating and inspiring the fashion industry towards a digital-only fashion sector.
Send your email to - firstname.lastname@example.org - with the position in the subject line, portfolio and short motivation.